Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Concealed Carry

They're holding a concealed carry handgun class at work this weekend. Apparently one of the VPs is a certified instructor! So, I'm going to be getting my license this weekend.

Some of you may know that I'm an avid NPR fan. I think pretty much everything about what goes on there is great... except for the stations that play TOO much classical to fill time. I mean I like classical and all, but in my opinion that should be it's own station. Anyway, one of the shows I love is This American Life which just recently aired an episode pertaining to guns and gun ownership. It was a good episode. I suggest those on either side of the gun ownership fence listen to it. It doesn't pick sides, but it does a great job of explaining both points of view.

I have my first test tomorrow. It's been 5 years since I've taken a school test. I'm pretty nervous. I want to do so well in the course. I deeply want to validate myself in getting an A. I was always upset with my performance in school, but I never seemed able to really change much of the outcome in college. Sure I would try studying more, or different techniques, but never really produced a change. I consequently blamed myself for not having the diligence to study or work harder, never really accepting it was a lack of talent. Thus, I'm hoping that being older has changed me in some way; In some way that will reflect as better grades. That's not to say I'm just sitting idly by, certainly I'm studying and trying to do well, I just hope I'm not disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment