Friday, November 19, 2010

Being right

I recently had a test for my communications class. I lost points on the second question. When I inquired as to why, the professor said he wanted the integral written out for the relationship. Which makes sense, except that there is a special symbol for the relationship (convolution) that I used instead. The question didn't specifically ask for the integral, it just wanted us to show the relationship. I, of course, used the symbol. I challenging the professor on this, but he was not swayed. I pointed to questions one and three where he used the word "Define" explicitly for other equations.

I suppose in the end it's up to him to decide how he grades his tests. But, I'm also bound by his grades. I also have to question how much I want to fight with him about it, in the event he curves and I've pissed him off such that I don't get my A.

Perhaps I should just be happy with being right.

Nah...

No comments:

Post a Comment