Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chairs

Why are chairs so expensive? I mean nice chairs.
I want a nice chair, one that isn't going to kill me sitting in it at work. But where do these kids get off charging a grand for a bunch of plastic. There is no way in hell these people are not making 10000% profit. I guaran-fucking-tee you there is no skilled labor in the production of these things, and 9 times out of 10, you're putting the fucker together.

We need open source chairs. Ergonomic chair designs and build procedures that are free to use by any manufacturer. I want there to be a flood of affordable, and comfortable chairs.

Like these: http://www.ergonomicofficechairs.com/

I've priced one of their cheaper models. A grand flat. They only get more expensive from there, for what is essentially a design that hasn't changed in decades, made with products that are not revolutionary. Sure, in this case, perhaps they have a little bit better build quality that some "competitors", but I don't honestly think there is any legitimate competition taking place, or these seats wouldn't be so expensive.

2 comments:

  1. So...what am I not thinking about when I look at a chair at office depot for $150? Are these $100 dollar chairs better for my back? These are honest questions...not sarcasm. Thought you might need to know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. screw the chairs, get the fancy ergonomic pillows that move with you from chair to chair.

    ReplyDelete