Tuesday, January 19, 2010

oi

I started running again. I was going a good job of once it wasn't 100 degrees, up to thanksgiving. I guess thanksgiving is the start of the downhill holiday slide into fatty land. I did run once a few weeks ago when it warmed up some, and I was starting to come down with a cold. I had the "manly" idea of running the cold off, and now I'm not entirely sure I just made it worse.

I went on a date this saturday. It was fun, I think we both had a good time, though I did happen to have a bit too much sauce by the end of the evening. I'm pretty sure we will go out again.

I've begun researching sardines. Do you like them? Up until a few days ago I would have probably said I did not. But, my reaction to them would be based on a very small sample size. It's pretty interesting how diverse the world of sardines are. Huge variances by region, packer, and fish. Apparently, the labeling laws for what counts as a "sardine" are pretty wide. Allowing 5 some-odd fish to be called sardines. I also have to admit my interest is derived from Alton Brown's recommendation. I'm such a sucker for Good Eats...

Third day of class is today. We don't have home work due until next week, and I've already banged it out. So far we're moving slow, but then we've only had 2 classes. I hope it stays slow...

No comments:

Post a Comment