Monday, January 4, 2010

Expensive and cheap

I bought some new jackets yesterday. They're adult jackets, a leather one and a wool pea-coat. If only I had the mentality to boot.

I have to say, American apparel is way over priced. It's great they're American made, but honestly, if that's as competitive as we can get, we need to work on efficiency. A machine made t-shirt need not cost 25 bucks, for one.

I'm not convinced it's the case that we can't produce goods much cheaper, at the same quality, than that. I figure they're just marking them up like there's no tomorrow. My proof is that woot uses their shirts, adds awesome silk screens and gets them SHIPPED for only 10 dollars.

Apple is replacing my laptop battery again. It's not holding a charge and has been through less than a 100 charge cycles. I have to say, people bag on Apple being expensive, but if you ever have to deal with their customer service, you'll understand why.

Happy new year to those who havn't heard it enough times to puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment